Hello all!,
Firstly the search function here wouldn't work for me and sent me to another page. I looked all I could to see if I could find GM's 604 design but couldn't see it.
I'm starting this thread for an acquaintance who I sold my tube amp to. And this is specifically for the GPA 604 III driver:
http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/down...604_8H_III.pdf
And the GPA crossover:
http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/downloads/N604-8A.pdf
He was recommended the Stonehenge V cabinets by Bill at GPA, and I mentioned that there are some different designs that would be worth checking out, like a MLTL design. I've read some on GM's before and mentioned it to him and so here I am.
Here's some particulars:
1- He will be using a low powered valve amp. I sold him mine that is 6watts rms, but I think he has a few others as well that maybe are more powerful.
2- Listening space 25'x15' (and I think 8' ceiling height)
3- He doesn't mind big cabs, no WAF to worry about here.
4- He can't diy, but has a good cabinet builder that will make them for him.
5- I guess the best would be an all rounder cab that's known to work well, with dims and stuffing specified that wouldn't need tweaking, as he isn't the diy type.
6- Music tastes - Jazz, classical, rock, reggae, girl and guitar, pop etc.
Any help would be appreciated as to what might be a better design for him than the Stonehenge V. Big is okay and SQ is everything.
Note* My thoughts were that sealed would work well letting them roll off naturally, and use subs under them etc. Like Lynn Olson with his 416 design etc. But then I thought the one cab solution to be a better fit that could squeeze out all that the 604 has to offer, and it would also be easier for him to set up etc. He lives far away from me so I can't help tweak them, like add and reduce stuffing etc.
I didn't want to steer him wrong, so wanted to come here and ask for your opinions for what would be thought of as a good all rounder cab for the new 604III
Thanks for any help,
Dave.
Bookmarks